We understand that a child’s needs are unique and ever-changing. Since our program’s inception, we have carefully refined our evidence-based model to align with the most up-to-date research on parenting and early childhood development.
Evidence-Based Home Visiting
The Parents as Teachers model is delivered via in-home visits from Parent Educators. These individuals are employed by affiliate organizations right in your community and are highly trained in our curricula. Home visits may be conducted in-person or virtually.
There are seven goals/outcomes to our unique home visiting model:
- Increase parent knowledge of early childhood development and improve positive parenting practices
- Provide early detection of developmental delays and connection to services
- Improve parent, child, and family health and well-being
- Prevent child abuse and neglect
- Increase children’s school readiness and success
- Improve family economic well-being
- Strengthen community capacity and connectedness
Core Curricula + Professional Resources
For affiliate organizations and small groups, we offer additional training and curricula designed to improve your knowledge and mastery of the Parents as Teachers model. Courses are available via in-person or online instruction.