Empowering Families EverywhereParents as Teachers builds strong communities, thriving families and children who are healthy, safe, learning and ready for school.
Make a Gift
Impact at Every LevelParents as Teachers operates in local communities across the United States and around the world. With more than 1,000 affiliates using our evidence-based model, we nurture positive change for every child and every family.
Our ApproachThe Parents as Teachers approach is to partner, facilitate and reflect. These are parallel processes that occur at every level of our organization, from a Parent Educator visiting a family in their home all the way to the work of the National Center.
Resources for Families
We Partner With Families To:
- Increase parent knowledge of early childhood development
- Improve parenting practices, increasing children’s school readiness and success
- Provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues
- Prevent child abuse and neglect
- Additionally, we partner with States, Territories and Tribal Entities to develop and implement home visiting programs that improve the health and well-being of families with young children