Delivered by Trained Professionals
Our evidence-based model is delivered by our global network of affiliates and Parent Educators. Affiliates follow the essential requirements of the model, which provide minimum expectations for program design, infrastructure and service delivery. Parents as Teachers provides support for affiliates to meet those requirements as well as further quality standards that represent best practices in the field.
There are four dynamic components to the Parents as Teachers model:
- Personal Visits
- Group Connections
- Resource Network
- Child and Caregiver Screening
Together, they form a comprehensive set of services with seven goals/outcomes:
- Increase parent knowledge of early childhood development and improve positive parenting practices
- Provide early detection of developmental delays and connection to services
- Improve parent, child and family health and well-being
- Prevent child abuse and neglect
- Increase children’s school readiness and success
- Improve family economic well-being
- Strengthen community capacity and connectedness
Find more information about our Affiliates here.
Options for Every Family
Virtual Service Delivery
Parents as Teachers is a leader in virtual service delivery. Virtual service delivery offers professionals additional methods for reaching families with young children for whom in-home visits were difficult or, at times, impossible. This includes but is not limited to: families with medically-fragile parents or children, families living in remote areas and families with other extenuating circumstances.