PROMOTING RESPONSIBLE FATHERHOOD
ABOUT THIS TOOLKIT
This toolkit is a resource to inform parent educators as they engage, recruit and retain fathers. It is funded by the Promoting Responsible Fatherhood Grant #90FR0080 from the Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Children and Families.
- Father participation in Parents as Teachers
- Fathers' knowledge of child development and parenting skills
- Fathers' engagement in their children's lives
Partner sites from across the United States participated in this demonstration grand and contributed to this Toolkit:
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THE TOOLKIT?
Anyone who provides services to fathers will find strategies and ideas to improve their practice and assess their agency’s performance.
- Learn how to gauge your agency’s father-friendliness.
- Discover how to encourage absent fathers to re-engage with their kids.
- Find strategies for discussing difficult issues, including domestic violence, military deployments, and economic instability.
- Learn to create synergy among your staff to support recruitment and retention of fathers and to strengthen communication with fathers.
- Learn how to talk with mothers about the important role of fathers in their children’s lives.