Parents as Teachers Honors 2015 Losos Prize Winners
At the Parents as Teachers 2015 Conference in Dallas, Texas, six Parents as Teachers affiliate programs were honored with Losos Prizes, which acknowledge excellence, innovation in services, and impact to young children and their families. Honorees accepted their awards before 1,300 conference participants representing early childhood, childcare, health, mental health, social services, government and business professionals from across the nation and around the world.
The 2015 Losos Prize honorees are:
Losos Prize for Excellence
- Easter Seals Jump Start Parenting Program, Joliet, Ill.
Losos Prize for Innovation
- Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority, Akron, Ohio
Losos Prize for Impact
- Springfield Public Schools Parents as Teachers Program, Springfield, Mo.
- Fort Worth Independent School District Parents as Teachers Program, Forth Worth, Texas
- Christopher House Teen Parent Program, Chicago, Ill.
- Latino Community Development Agency – Nuestras Familias, Oklahoma City, Okla.