Inventory & Procurement Accountant
Position Overview: The Inventory & Procurement Accountant will be responsible for purchasing and reconciling the information required for inventory, accurate cost accounting and the management of inventories. This position will provide front support related to procurement, inventory, and printing. This position will be responsible for the overall reconciling and coordination of these critical areas within a busy organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide daily, monthly, annual reports to management of sales and inventory counts as well as other reports as needed.
- Ensure that all procurement functions are being followed and new processes and procedures are being introduced to improve the overall purchasing and inventory flow.
- Work closely with vendors to verify inventory status and timely receipt of materials for production.
- Maintain accurate records of all receipts and purchases of inventory.
- Monitor daily / weekly / monthly inventory counts online which is required to maintain an accurate levels of inventory products.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of the inventory balance in the general ledger vs. the fulfillment house balance and Aptify and provide these to management.
- Ensure that any deviations of records in inventory are investigated and resolved.
- Prepare general entries to record cost of goods sold, returns of products, print on demand purchases and adjustments to inventory.
- Interact daily with the fulfillment house ensure that all accounting, inventory and production supply requirements are being satisfied.
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide the highest degree of customer service.
- Maintain Postal Office account for bulk mailings.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with five to ten years related experience.
- Position requires seven or more years of experience as an accounting professional in a manufacturing cost and/or inventory accounting role.
- MBA is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to anticipate and resolve problems.
- Ability to analyze inventory discrepancies and communicate information to the fulfillment warehouse, perform purchasing analysis and coordinate with corporate accounting for appropriate corrective action.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work extended hours during close and audit periods
- Ability to work under stress, with interruptions and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is necessary.
- Ability to prioritize work
- Ability to take ownership of work.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals in other departments within the Office and with our external customers and PAT network.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company information.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with integrated accounting systems for general ledger. Fund Accounting a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, including using a variety of formulas including but not limited to links, sum, vlookup, and pivot tables. Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word and MS Outlook or similar programs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae, along with names/contact information of three references, and salary requirements, to jobs@ParentsAsTeachers.org.