Intern Virtual Parent Education Initiative
Position Overview: The Parents as Teachers Virtual Parent Education initiative is investigating effective uses of telecommunication and interactive technology methods to enhance family engagement and expand the reach of parent education delivery through technology. The initiative is currently partnering with the University of Southern California to implement Parents as Teachers @ USC Telehealth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with assembling Parents as Teachers @ USC Telehealth policies, procedures, and documentation manual.
- Develop criteria for vetting parenting technology application for curriculum and program guidance
- Assemble a list of vetted parenting information application.
- Investigate operational client portals for replication.
- Review new research, evidence, and concept papers published, input the outcomes into an outcome inventory and assist with the development of fact sheet.
- Foundational Curriculum Training, as appropriate
- Webinars as available or assigned
Program Planning and Development
- Assist in the edits of the Parents as Teachers @ USC Telehealth policies, procedures, and documentation manual.
- Develop criteria for vetting websites and parenting applications.
- Manage distribution of materials to parents
Virtual Parent Education
- Use PAT Virtual Parent Education survey data to assist in development of Webinar
- Assemble an inventory of telehealth, digital literacy, and quality technology home visitation application research, resources and case studies
- Investigate a parent portal
- Attend project meetings, as needed
- Assist with the gathering of information for funding reports
- Purvey publications related to telehealth, virtual delivery methods, parental engagement
- Assist with development of Virtual Parent Education surveys
- Enter and analyze survey data (as needed)
Education and/or Experience:
- Senior, grad student or recent college graduate
- Above average computer skills and ability to learn specialized software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Above average ability to gather data
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
**Please note that this internship will evolve as Parents as Teachers National Center opportunities evolve. This intern experience description is not intended to limit the experience to items listed on this page. As the student identifies areas that he/she would like to grow in, we will make every effort to ensure that they gather the desired experience(s) necessary to be successful in their careers.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae, along with names/contact information of three references, and salary requirements, to jobs@ParentsAsTeachers.org.