Intern Business Analyst/Project Assistant
Position Overview: Parents as Teachers is seeking a sharp, analytically-minded individual with data analysis and research skills for a Fall 2017 internship. The primary duties of the Business Analyst/Project Assistant Intern include utilizing a variety of techniques to interpret business processes and user requirements for a Learning Management Systems (LMS) implementation project. The intern will receive experiential benefits in data analysis, business planning, statistical processing and strategic planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist LMS project teams in gathering and analyzing project requirements and transferring this information to other departments
- Evaluate pertinent data by performing task analysis and business processes development
- Provide support to the business analysis team in preparing business plans and strategies
- Handle a variety of project planning and coordination and information system analysis tasks
- Work with key business group leaders to identify and evaluate upcoming business requirements
- Assist the marketing department in developing marketing material with a view to support Parents as Teachers marketing strategies
- Provide support to the promotional team by organizing and creating awareness programs
- Assist business process teams in monitoring project processes and resolving issues along the way
- Assist the communication department in developing rapport with existing and potential new customer
Education and/or Experience:
- Senior, grad student or recent college graduate
- Above average computer skills and ability to learn specialized software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Above average ability to gather data and perform business analysis
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
**Please note that this internship will evolve as Parents as Teachers National Center opportunities evolve. This intern experience description is not intended to limit the experience to items listed on this page. As the student identifies areas that he/she would like to grow in, we will make every effort to ensure that they gather the desired experience(s) necessary to be successful in their careers.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae, along with names/contact information of three references, and salary requirements, to jobs@ParentsAsTeachers.org.