Implementation Support Specialist
Position Overview: The Implementation Support Specialist provides technical assistance and implementation support to Parents as Teachers (PAT) affiliates across the United States. Through regular conference calls, webinars, workshops, attending state and national level conferences, and site visits (when possible), the Implementation Support Specialist helps affiliates achieve fidelity to the evidence-based Parents as Teachers model and prepare for the Quality Endorsement and Improvement Process. The Implementation Support Specialist will also work to expand the PAT footprint through PATNC’s Early Head Start/Head Start partnership initiative.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the implementation support (IS) team designing, developing and implementing IS tools/activities to be used by Parents as Teachers affiliates, state-level organizations, and regional implementation support providers.
- Regularly communicate with assigned PAT affiliates to establish rapport with each program, strengthen quality of services, and ensure progress toward meeting goals.
- Provide ongoing implementation support (IS) for problem-solving, staff skill building, and training. Training may include distance learning (webinars and online), conference calls, and workshop presentations.
- Partner with state offices and/or state leaders in assigned states, offering implementation support guidance, answering questions, and providing support in accordance with state requests and the roles and responsibilities associated with that state office.
- Provide timely customer service to affiliates, Early Head Start/Head Start programs, and other PAT stakeholders, working cooperatively with the Customer Service and Penelope teams.
- Support the onboarding of new Parents as Teachers affiliates, guiding them through affiliate plan development, completion, approval, and initial implementation.
- Serve as implementation support representative in development of Early Head Start/Head Start initiative business process, resources, and supports.
- Write and edit implementation support and other related materials, including reports, correspondence, implementation data summaries, newsletter articles and webinars.
- Annually conduct review of APR data submitted by assigned affiliates for evidence of model fidelity, providing timely feedback about model fidelity status and supporting the creation of success plans when appropriate.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team with Training, Curriculum & Product Innovations as well as Research & Quality Improvement, representing the perspective from the field as new products and processes are developed.
- Attend, lead, and participate in department, cross-department, and other team meetings as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work or related field
- Experience delivering the PAT model. Experience with the Parents as Teachers Foundational Curriculum and Model Implementation, ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE a plus
- Experience in Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and others
- Experience in workshop presentation, leading webinars or other group learning/facilitation preferred
- Familiarity with (or willingness to learn) webinar software, Skype, and other communication, learning, and content development software
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in relationship building and working with vulnerable families of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in relationship building and working with professionals of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Experience working with Head Start / Early Head Start programs preferred.
- Knowledgeable about the characteristics of learners of all ages, infants through adults.
- Understanding of continuous quality improvement, effective use of data, basic data analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail, self-starter, able to work independently
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Travel will vary, but will be approximately 10-20% of the time and only in the U.S.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae, along with names/contact information of three references, and salary requirements, to jobs@ParentsAsTeachers.org.