CONFERENCE NEWS HUB
AWARD RECIPIENTS NAMES WILL BE POSTED AFTER THEY ARE ANNOUNCED AT CONFERENCE
2017 Parent Educators
of the Year
The Jack Tweedie Human Services and Early Learning Champion Award
Losos Prize for Excellence
Arizona Children’s Association
Losos Prize for Innovation
In addition to our conference APP, we produce this onsite guide, available in print at conference, and available in PDF format here.
NIGHT-OUT AT READING TERMINAL
This year the Parents as Teachers Networking Night Out event is at the historic Reading Terminal Market. Join us for a night of fun, starting at 7:00 p.m. Soak in the history and ambiance of this Philadelphia landmark while rubbing elbows with colleagues from across the country and around the world, and enjoy a sampling of some of the best food in Philadelphia.
The Parents as Teachers Penelope Team Steps Up Their Game for the 2017 Conference
In addition to the interactive preconference workshop and two conference workshops, the Parents as Teachers Penelope team is once again available to answer questions and help attendees get the most out of Penelope in the Penelope Solutions Center.
Brian Hall, Penelope Specialist at Parents as Teachers National Center, explains that the Penelope Solutions Center offers an opportunity to provide face-to-face support for Penelope users. “We’re available to answer questions for anyone who is using or considering Penelope,” said Hall.
At the 2016 Conference in St. Louis, Missouri the Penelope Solution Center had over a dozen attendees make appointments as well as many walk-ins.
This year, attendees interested in using this fantastic resource are encouraged to make an appointment at bit.ly/2zsS8jO in order to secure a time slot. Penelope specialists from Parents as Teachers and a representative from Athena Software will be on hand to answer any and all Penelope questions. The number of available sessions is limited. “We have 48 half-hour time slots available for sign-ups, and additional staff for walk-ins,” explained Hall.
Parents as Teachers took a huge step forward at the beginning of April with the launch of PAT Penelope 2.0, and the response has been very positive. Incorporating feedback from users, the revised version features several significant improvements:
- Fewer clicks to start a document
- Fewer required fields – especially in Visit Plans and PVRs
- All Visit Plan and PVR documents are in the same place
- Visit Plans display the child’s age in months, which makes it easier to pick age-appropriate activities and resources
- Clearer how to document a family’s enrollment date
- Child Health record is broken into separate pages for Pregnancy History, Health, Hearing, and Vision
- Each Developmental Screening tool and Family-Centered Assessment is a separate document, which makes them easier to document
- Shorter document names make it easier to find any incomplete documents
Additional data fields allow MIECHV programs to track the information needed for annual reporting.
- Parent Educators can run additional reports on the families assigned to them
- Service Alerts report is more intuitive, provides more information about items that may need follow-up, and includes a CSV with detailed data
In addition to PAT Penelope 2.0, we launched Penelope Guided Learning, a powerful learning tool for both new and existing PAT Penelope users. This section of the PAT Portal combines videos, user guides, useful tips and practice exercises to help supervisors and parent educators learn to use Penelope efficiently.
The 2016-2017 Affiliate Performance Report (APR) was launched in May. For Penelope users, this makes the annual end-of-year reporting a snap. Affiliates can review their information, look at detailed information to find data entry errors, and transfer their data with a single click.
PHILADELPHIA MARRIOTT DOWNTOWN
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
1201 Market St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107