Affiliate Data System Customer Service/Trainer
Position Overview: The Affiliate Data System Customer Service/Trainer provides support and training for Parents as Teachers Penelope database users. This full-time position requires a diverse skill set and will be working with Parents as Teachers Penelope database customers on a daily basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond to help desk inquiries by email and phone
- Create and distribute basic reports
- Deliver webinars and in-person trainings.
- Create training materials, including user guides and videos
Education and/or Experience:
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in information technology, education or related fields
- 3-5 years of experience in: technical customer service and/or training; or providing, monitoring or evaluating services to families
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, customer service and written and oral communication skills
- Presentation and training skills both in person and web-based
- Knowledge of databases (MS SQL or Postgresql preferred)
- Understanding of adult learning theory
- Must be able to problem solve and synthesize information
- Proficiency in database software; presentation software; internet navigation; and word processing software. Familiarity with Windows 10 and Office 2016 is preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel, including use of pivot tables and formulas is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Penelope database is preferred
- Familiarity with Adobe Presenter Video Express preferred
- Working knowledge of Aptify (membership management software) preferred
- Ability to effectively listen, write, speak, and appropriately present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
Travel: Some travel may be required.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae, along with names/contact information of three references, and salary requirements, to jobs@ParentsAsTeachers.org.