JOBS WITH PARENTS AS TEACHERS
Parents as Teachers National Center (PATNC) is a St. Louis, Missouri-based national and international non-profit dedicated to impactful parenting, child and maternal health, and the school readiness and lifelong literacy of young children. Parents as Teachers is recognized for our highly-acclaimed evidence-based home visiting model, and for being a leader in professional development of the early childhood and home visiting fields. Parents as Teachers is deeply engaged with the U.S. federal home visiting initiative (MIECHV) and works with leaders in all 50 states and several other nations outside the U.S. Our work is based on solid research, deep evaluations, and a commitment to high-quality strategies and model fidelity.
Parents as Teachers is committed to the development, promotion and evaluation of programs and public policies that provide family support and education through the earliest years of a child’s life. We need intelligent, creative, dedicated people to help us succeed.
Job postings on this site are updated regularly. To be considered, browse the listings below and if you meet the requirements, please respond by mail or email.
Summary: The Development Coordinator assists with and supports all aspects of the Fund Development department. He/she is responsible for seamless management of donor stewardship activities specific to gift entry and gift acknowledgment processing and overall donor database management. This position will also assist with grant submissions, special events and annual fund activities. The Coordinator will serve as the liaison between Fund Development and External Relations specific to projects related to the newsletter, annual report and collection of compelling stories for donor solicitation purposes, etc. The Development Coordinator reports to the Director, Major Fund Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Assists with all communications, solicitations and records for individual donors including, but not limited to, direct mail, Combined Federal Campaign, Board giving, Annual Fund Campaigns and Parents as Teachers staff campaign.
- Oversees the acknowledgment and recognition of all charitable contributions.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the data which includes developing and maintaining efficient systems for donor data accuracy, data entry, gift processing, and statistical reporting and analysis.
- Assists with grant writing and other solicitations as directed.
- Research funding prospects.
- Schedule visits/meetings/appointments both external and internal for funding purposes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree with at least three years of development experience.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently and prioritize work.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals in other departments and with external customers and PAT network.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Professional demeanor, flexible and able to respond to multiple demands.
- Strong organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of regulations regarding donations, donor reporting and procedures regarding donor confidentiality.
Travel: This position may include some travel.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be:
- Experienced in Windows
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Perform Mail Merges
- Database management experience preferred
Language Skills: This position must possess excellent written and verbal skills. Additionally, the Development Coordinator must have solid writing, editing and presentation abilities. Must possess intermediate to advanced skills in preparing written reports and presentations.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae, along with names/contact information of 3 references, salary history and requirements, to jobs@ParentsAsTeachers.org.