Welcome to the refreshed Parents as Teachers website.
The updated Parents as Teachers website features improved navigation and is responsive – meaning it can be viewed easily on a desktop, tablet or phone. The search feature and sitemap are at the bottom of each page.
- Only the public-facing website, www.parentsasteachers.org, is changing. Everyone will still be able to access the portal site, https://ebiz.patnc.org/eBusiness/home
- Any bookmarks or links to pages from the old site will not work due to new navigation. The home page, www.parentsasteachers.org, will remain the same.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Why are we refreshing the Parents as Teachers website?
A. Technology and the expectations of our visitors have changed since the current site was last changed in 2010. We have an opportunity to apply new design capacities and technologies to make our site even more effective, memorable and useful for all website visitors.
Q. What’s changed in the new site?
A. A lot! The visual design of the Parents as Teachers website has been refreshed to promote a positive and contemporary view of our organization. A new main navigation has been introduced to provide a more intuitive means of browsing and exploring the website--simpler and targeted at the visitor. The site will be fully responsive so that it works well on any device. The search feature is also a big improvement. Navigation is streamlined and we are in the process of adding pictures and graphics to let visitors know what to expect when they click on a link or a downloadable document.
Q. Where has the HOME button gone?
A. Clicking on the Parents as Teachers logo in the upper left corner of any page will direct visitors back to the homepage.
Q. How do I get to the PORTAL?
A. The eBusiness Portal/eStore gateway is in the top-level navigation (main menu). From there you can navigate to the eBusiness Portal, eStore, Training Class Schedule and Penelope Case Management sections of the portal.
Q. Why are news & social media so prominent?
A. In the last few years, news stories distributed through social media have grown to become an important tool for Parents as Teachers to communicate with parents, affiliates, advocates, partners and the general public. It provides us with an opportunity to continue a relationship with people outside our website, which is why we encourage them to connect with us on our external social presences.
What browsers is the website optimized for?
The new design has been optimized for recent standards-compliant browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari. If you are using Internet Explorer 6, 7 or earlier you may notice some things not working. We recommend using the latest browser version available to your operating system.
Here are a few other things to note when using a supported browser:
- Your version of Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer depends on your device's operating system.
- Beta versions of browsers aren't supported.
- Safari Private Browsing isn't supported for logging into your site.
- Browser add-ons or extensions might interfere with site editing. We may ask you to disable them when helping you troubleshoot certain issues.
- Display may vary by browser.
Q. Where can I search?
A. Search has been consolidated into a single search box fixed in the page footer. A sitemap is also located at the bottom of each page.